Dundas Automotive Repair Authorized Dealer of all Interstate Batteries In London, Ontario
Your one-stop for all Interstate battery products , auto, commercial, marine, Recreational Battery , motorcycle batteries & Specialty batteries with Lowest Prices and Largest Inventory In The London Ontario Area .
Tell-Tale Signs That Your Car Battery Needs to Be Replaced
Before you are left with a dead car battery, it’s important to be aware of some of the common signs that your car’s battery is on its way out. Tell-tale signs include:
- Battery warning light is on
- Car not starting or taking a while to start up
- The check engine light is on
- Headlights not turning on or dimmed
- The radio or other electronic car accessories are not turning on
- Car makes a clicking sound when you try to start
- A pungent or unpleasant smell – A car battery may emit the smell of a rotten egg
- Having to jump-start your car several times in a short period of time
Causes of a Dead Car Battery
Typically, a car battery lasts 3-5 years, however you can significantly decrease its life-expectancy by making these common mistakes, including:
- Forgetting to turn off your lights (interior and headlights) when you leave your car overnight
- Forgetting to turn off your AC when the car is not running
- TNot starting your car for long periods of time
- Lack of battery maintenance
How does weather impact battery health?
The fact is, summer heat can be even more damaging than winter’s cold when it comes to car batteries. Extreme heat, like 95° F outside combined with high temperatures under the hood weaken battery strength, accelerate car battery corrosion and more. Your weakened battery struggles, then fails when cold temperatures make your car battery harder to crank.
Battery Life Expectancy
Batteries tend to have shorter life spans in extremely hot or cold regions, and are most likely to fail after an extremely hot summer or exceptionally cold weather. In London Ontario , we’re prone to shorter battery lives due to our exceptionally hot summers and very cold winters .
Extreme Cold – 51 months
Cold – 56 months
Mild – 47 months
Heat – 41 months
Extreme Heat – 30 months
What affects car battery life?
- Extreme temperatures
- Driving conditions
- Vehicle power demands from plug-ins and accessories